Sautéed Sea Scallops with Lobster, Chanterelle Mushrooms, Tomato and Basil
- Ingredients for the Scallops with Lobster:
- 12 (10/20) scallops, patted dry
- 6 ounces unsalted butter, in two parts
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 4 ounces Westerly 2013 Sauvignon Blanc, in two parts
- 1 ounce unsalted butter
- 6 ounces Chanterelle mushrooms (another mushroom can be substituted)
- 8 ounces cooked lobster (cut into medium dice)
- 3 ounces Westerly Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 ounces tomato, cut into medium dice
- 1 tablespoon basil, chiffonaded (cut into thin strips)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Melt 1 ounce of butter and sauté the scallops until golden brown. Remove the scallops and set aside. Deglaze the pan with half the wine, scraping up any browned bits into the sauce.
In a separate pan, melt the butter and sauté the mushrooms. Add the lobster when the mushrooms are cooked and deglaze with the rest of the wine. Add the juices from the scallops. Reduce the wine until it is 1/3 the original volume. Turn the heat down and slowly incorporate the softened butter. Remove from the heat and add the tomato and basil. Season to taste.
Spoon the sauce on the plate and place the scallops on top.
—recipe courtesy of Executive Chef Vincent Vanhecke